PART 1: 7ms
Section 1: 0.3 each
Section 2: 0.5 each
11. Suggested answer - The writer describes the use of perfume in ancient Egyptian times and traces the history through the centuries to the modern day.
12. Suggested answer - People use perfume to feel confident and good about themselves. They wear it like a fashion accessory. Expensive perfume is also something of a status symbol.
13. Suggested answer - Impact of phrases on reader:
a. The phrase will have a nauseating and disturbing effect.
b. It highlights the vast of money people are willing to spend on such a luxury – will cause the reader to reflect on the vast chasm between this and that of real need and poverty.
14. The main idea is that essential oils extracted from plant materials form the basis for most perfumes.
15. Answers will vary. Marks will be awarded according to the three main criteria: relevant content, appropriate use of grammar and vocabulary, spelling and punctuation.
Suggested answer – What a good sense of style consists of: (1m)
- Knowing what to wear for the occasion
- Knowing how to wear some pieces of clothing
- Knowing how to select clothing or other articles
- Having a natural ‘sense’ of what goes together.
Do you have a good sense of style? Explain why you do or why you do not. (1m)
Yes – for the reasons above.
No – for not having the ability to recognize when something is stylish or not.
PART 2: 3ms
Items 1-8: 0.3 each
Item 9: 0.6
1.A 4.C 7.C
2.C 5.B 8.D, A, E
3.C 6.B 9.Characteristics: D, E, F; Things it does: A, G, H
- Dân ngụ cư
- Tổng số bài gửi : 57
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2009-04-04
Đến từ : Long Xuyen City, An Giang Province
- Chính nhân quân tử
- Tổng số bài gửi : 267
Thanks : 1
Join date : 2009-03-23
Teacher oi, em so wa , khong co biet minh se dc may diem day ma Co oi, cai dap an cua Section 1 cua Part 1 va Part 2 cua de 1A co giong cua may de kia khong co?
em cung quen minh chon gi nua rui!
Good Luck to meeeeee and of couse to the ones feeling like me !
- A tì
- Tổng số bài gửi : 13
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2009-04-09