Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is the body temperature of animals different?

3 posters

:: 4 Skills :: Reading

Go down

Why is the body temperature of animals different? Empty Why is the body temperature of animals different?

Post by spring_phan Fri May 22, 2009 12:01 am

Why is the body temperature of animals different? Animal10

The body temperature of the warm-blooded animals, which include all the mammals, domestic animals and birds, does not change with the changes in temperature around them. But, there are animals whose body temperature does change with temperature around them. They include and insects, snakes, lizards, tortoises, frogs, fish. Their body temperature tends to be slightly lower than the temperature of their environment. They are cold-blooded animals. The animals can be broadly classified according to their body temperature, in the following way - man, monkey, mule, ass, horse, rat, mouse and elephant have their body temperature ranging from 35oC to 38oC centigrade. The cattle, sheep, dog, rabbit and pig come within the 37o to 39o centigrade range. Turkey, goose, duck, owl, pelican and vulture fall in the 40o to 41o centigrade group. An owl, pigeon and several of the small common birds have their body temperature within 43o centigrade. To maintain a constant body temperature, our body eliminates the excess body heat through sweating. The animals who do not sweat, remove their excess body heat by panting.

Source: Scholar's. 2005. Learn About Science - Life Style Creatures (A Question & Answer Book). Scholar's Publications Sdn. Bhd.

A small question: How many animals can you name in the photo?
spring_phan
spring_phan
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Tổng số bài gửi : 57
Đến từ : Long Xuyen City, An Giang Province

Back to top Go down

Why is the body temperature of animals different? Empty Re: Why is the body temperature of animals different?

Post by Admin Fri May 22, 2009 8:12 am

It's difficult for me to count( It took 4 times for me to finish). There are nineteen animals ,including: lion, tiger, camel, rat, two birds( I dunno their name),horse, two fishes, squirrel (soc), sheep, rooster, giraffe( huou cao co), elephant, porcupine(nhim), pig, milk cow, weasel (chon).
Admin
Admin
Chính nhân quân tử
Chính nhân quân tử

Tổng số bài gửi : 267

https://dh8d.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Why is the body temperature of animals different? Empty Re: Why is the body temperature of animals different?

Post by spring_phan Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 am

19 or 18 animals Question
spring_phan
spring_phan
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Back to top Go down

Post by Yumin Sat May 23, 2009 10:17 am

18 animals. I counted many times Mad
Yumin
Yumin
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Tổng số bài gửi : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 23, 2009 10:26 am

19 animals. 2 fishes ,one 's in the back of the lion . Haha
Admin
Admin
Chính nhân quân tử
Chính nhân quân tử

Back to top Go down

Post by spring_phan Sat May 23, 2009 10:42 am

Really Suspect Just 18 Admin à No Actually, there are some animals which I don't know what to call hehehe
I listed the animals in the order from Top to Bottom, and from Left to Right as the followings: 1. Shark 2. Hen 3. Tiger 4. Beaver 5. Hedgehog 6. Tortoise 7. Squirrel 8. Giraffe 9. Pelican 10. Canary 11. Sheep 12. Pig 13. Rat 14. Elephant 15. Lizard 16. Lion 17. Milk cow 18. Horse.
(It's my thought!)
spring_phan
spring_phan
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 24, 2009 10:56 am

oh sorry, you're right. 18 animals. My fault: I devided & counted " milk cow" into 2 animals:"milk"& "cow" Twisted Evil I dont think the blue fish is shark Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Chính nhân quân tử
Chính nhân quân tử

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: 4 Skills :: Reading

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum