Aesop's fables - The Wolf and the Lamb

:: 4 Skills :: Reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aesop's fables - The Wolf and the Lamb

Post by spring_phan on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:46 am

Once upon a time a Wolf was lapping at a spring on a hillside, when, looking up, what should he see but a Lamb just beginning to drink a little lower down. "There's my supper," thought he, "if only I can find some excuse to seize it." Then he called out to the Lamb, "How dare you muddle the water from which I am drinking?" "Nay, master, nay," said Lambikin; "if the water be muddy up there, I cannot be the cause of it, for it runs down from you to me."
"Well, then," said the Wolf, "why did you call me bad names this time last year?" "That cannot be," said the Lamb; "I am only six months old."
"I don't care," snarled the Wolf; "if it was not you it was your father;" and with that he rushed upon the poor little Lamb and .WARRA WARRA WARRA WARRA WARRA .ate her all up. But before she died she gasped out .

"Any excuse will serve a tyrant."

Last edited by spring_phan on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total

spring_phan
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Tổng số bài gửi : 57
Đến từ : Long Xuyen City, An Giang Province

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aesop's fables - The Wolf and the Lamb

Post by hanyeseul on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:43 pm

It's a very interesting and useful tale, I think. In the world of animal, the strong always try to find ways to hurt the weaker. It's also true with the human world, isn't it? I like this story so much although there are some words I have to look up in the dictionary.scratch study !!! I study from this many things. Thank you so so much!!

hanyeseul
Thường dân
Thường dân

Tổng số bài gửi : 84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spring_phan on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Each fable often tells you a funny story about the animal world, their lives and relationships. It also implies the moral lesson that we human beings can learn and apply to our real life.
I know that it may be difficult for you to read those fables but just think of the outcomes. I believe that the fables were worth reading and you have gained something more, right?
I was very happy to know that you enjoy reading them. Be happy reading and willing to share your viewpoints? I will follow all of you Smile[/url]

spring_phan
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Tổng số bài gửi : 57
Đến từ : Long Xuyen City, An Giang Province

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top