Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic 1 - Appearances (Part 2)

2 posters

:: 4 Skills :: Speaking

Go down

Topic 1 - Appearances (Part 2) Empty Topic 1 - Appearances (Part 2)

Post by spring_phan Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Beauty and the beast

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.’

1. Do you think this proverb is true or are there certain norms of beauty?
2. Are we born with an innate sense of beauty or do we acquire it?
3. Is physical attractiveness easier to identify and more important in women or men?
4. Do most people overestimate or underestimate their own beauty?
5. What influence does someone's physical appearance have on their personality? And vice versa?
6. Is beauty only a physical quality?
7. Aristotle said that beauty was a greater recommendation than any letter of Introduction.
Which of the following do you agree with?
If you're good-looking you're more likely to:
a. have a pleasant personality and have more friends.
b. study humanistic/artistic subjects.
c. be treated more leniently if you're in the wrong.
d. get a job with higher status.
e. find a partner and get married.
f. be generally happier.
If you are interested in answering the above mentioned questions, please write your favourite question(s) and then type out your answers.
spring_phan
spring_phan
Dân ngụ cư
Dân ngụ cư

Tổng số bài gửi : 57
Đến từ : Long Xuyen City, An Giang Province

Back to top Go down

Topic 1 - Appearances (Part 2) Empty Re: Topic 1 - Appearances (Part 2)

Post by tieulongnuthoi@ Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 pm

no one is perfect. if you have something good, and you have to have something bad. human always want to have many things, they are rarely satified with what they have. that why they often complain about their body, their poverty or sadness. i think we should know when it is enough for us. many people think that owning a attractive body and beautiful face is great. but i don't think so. knowing that you are beautiful will make you think you get "star sick" - this is my own word- it mean you always think you must have high status, people have to pay attention to you because of your beauty.sometimes you can get trouble in love,also. what do you think if one day, a friend or boyfriend that you like him so much tell you that he had wrong feelings with you, that he thought he loved you but in fact, he didn't, just because you are beautiful and it made him had wrong feelings? I mean that if you are beautiful you have to care about if he really love you?
tieulongnuthoi@
tieulongnuthoi@
Tri châu
Tri châu

Tổng số bài gửi : 263

Back to top Go down